Marketing Communications Manager – Halifax
We recognize that, to build an excellent team, we need to provide an excellent place to work. m5 is an employer of choice in Atlantic Canada. You can expect to work with big global brands as well as leading businesses and organizations here at home. Every day, you will collaborate with a talented team to help clients make meaningful changes in their communities and in their industries.
We believe that delivering strong results depends on having a strong understanding. That’s why our fully integrated model is unmatched in the region. From research through to strategy, integrated marketing communications, public affairs, management consulting, creative, media planning and buying, and measurement and evaluation, we are a truly full-service agency.
At m5, your compensation is competitive (including some perks!), your opportunities for professional development and achievement are integral to your role, and your team can’t wait to welcome you.
Working with the Senior Director of Marketing Communications, the Manager of Marketing Communications will partner with clients to develop business solutions, including integrated marketing-communications strategies and plans, tactics, campaigns and reports.
You are a planner, writer and creative thinker who has a highly strategic mindset paired with strong organizational and project management skills. You have current knowledge of marketing-communications channels, platforms and best practices, and you know how and where to find secondary research that will help you develop smart strategies for clients. You focus on goals, objectives and target audiences, and you recognize how each of these elements must inform effective strategies and tactics. You’re a good listener, and you work proactively to anticipate clients’ needs.
Project management and regular reporting are part of your day-to-day work, and you handle administrative tasks with great attention to detail.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to clients
- Develop and execute integrated marketing-communications strategies and plans
- Manage corporate communications strategies and initiatives for clients
- Manage projects from kickoff through research, analysis, communication and evaluation
- Build and manage relationships with clients
- Conduct media relations on behalf of clients
- Support new business development
- Research, analyze, measure and report in relation to KPIs
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience building and executing communications strategies
- Degree in communications, public relations, business or related field
- Experience using PR to help establish the client story and build third-party affirmation
- Experience with new business development
- Excellent communications, analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Proactive, highly motivated, and effective under pressure
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Work well independently and with a team
- Primarily remote/work-from-home role
- Must be based in Halifax, NS
- Must be available for regular, in-person client meetings in Halifax, NS
Please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] by April 22nd, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.