As an Art Director—in tandem with a copywriter partner—you’ll be responsible for the conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables. You’ll need to create and communicate concepts that deliver on marketing strategies. You’ll champion creative concepts to clients and agency teams alike. You’ll work under the guidance and mentorship of a creative director and, in turn, you’ll help to hone the work of the agency’s graphic designers. Most importantly, you are excited about big ideas and passionate about crafting visual communications.
- Develop creative concepts
- Present and communicate ideas to clients and agency team members
- Develop creative assets including digital and traditional ads, storyboards, and websites
- Build relationships with clients, photographers, videographers, and other vendors
- Collaborate with designers, production artists, writers, and video editors to produce and refine creative assets
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, concept development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
- Strong conceptual and design portfolio
- Experience working with a creative partner to conceive ideas
- Experience meeting clients and presenting your work
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development, and creative execution
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of animation and motion graphics processes considered an asset
- Illustration skills considered an asset
- Leadership abilities to foster learning and excellence among team members
This position is based in our Halifax office and is being offered on a permanent, full-time basis. The preference is a candidate based in Halifax or willing to relocate to Halifax. However, strong remote candidates will be considered. As part of the hiring process, shortlisted candidates will meet with their prospective copywriting partner to ensure compatibility.
E-mail your resume and portfolio, with the subject line Art Director – Halifax, to Human Resources at email@example.com