Do you like being the calm hub in an energetic space? In the super-friendly city of Halifax, we are looking for an Office Administration Manager to be our chief organization guru and gatekeeper. As our Office Administrator, you will be a stickler for organization, details, and formatting, keeping our reports shiny while you take initiative to keep yourself busy and keep the office humming. If you think you would like to join our squad, buff up your resume and drop us a line!
- Post-secondary program in office administration.
- Highly experienced working with Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to prioritize workload and multitask.
- Accurate data entry skills with an acute attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Handling day-to-day, task-oriented activities for the office, including:
- Working closely with our NS team to support a wide range of office administration requirements including:
- Welcoming guests and visitors
- Managing inbound/outgoing calls and courier services;
- Liaising with onsite service providers such as internet, phone, building maintenance;
- Compiling information, reports, and project documents;
- Coordinating support for virtual and in-person meetings including catering, as required;
- Preparing purchase orders and developing estimates;
- Monitoring monthly billing and other client reports;
- Supporting new staff with onboarding set up, such as provisioning equipment and building access and orientation to the building;
- Record keeping to support business development, account management, occupational health and safety, as applicable.
- Liaising with suppliers and other group m5 companies to support projects.
- Other tasks as they evolve.
This position is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia and is being offered on a permanent, full-time basis. Please e-mail your application by March 10th, 2023, stating the position title “Office Administration – NS,” to Human Resources at email@example.com.
m5 is the largest communications group in Atlantic Canada with offices in St. John’s, Halifax, Moncton, Charlottetown, and Saint John.